Frequently Asked Questions
How is EAK administered?
EAK program is run by a Chairperson and a team selected by the Organization of Hindu Malayalees (OHM) Board. EAK raises its funds through various fundraising activities. The scholarship candidates are selected by Advisors through a rigorous screening process following the directions from EAK. However, final selection of eligible candidates will be determined by EAK Committee and the OHM Board.
Does it matter which Community or Geographical region the Applicant comes from?
- Yes. Applicant must believe in the mission and core values of EducateAKID’s parent Organization, OHM. Please visit OHM website https://www.ohmcalifornia.org for more information.
Applicant must be an Indian citizen, residing in India. Applicant from any part of India can apply if they can identify an Advisor in his/her hometown or nearby District.
Who is eligible for the EAK scholarship?
- Any Indian (citizen) student with financial hardship, who has been offered a seat in a professional graduate training program in India that leads to a professional degree with higher probability of gainful employment is eligible to apply for scholarship. (e.g. Engineering, Law, Medicine, Nursing, Civil Services, Computer Science, Pharmaceutical Science, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Science). EAK also gives preference to students with physical disability based on the need and circumstances.
What is the Application Process?
Do I need to answer all questions about my school performance and finances?
- Yes, they are the basis of the scholarship determinations.
Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit and financial need of the Applicants. Any application that does not fully answer the questions will be disregarded. Please get your advisor’s, teacher’s or parent’s help if needed
Can I get an extension of time for filing the Application?
- No. The application must be received by the posted deadline or else will be rejected.
- All applications must be submitted online, and the completed application and the relevant documents must be scanned electronically.
How to choose an Advisor?
You must choose an Advisor close to your area. List of Advisors from various districts are listed in EAK Website. Each applicant must meet their Advisor for verification of required documents and their signature certifying the document’s authenticity. Applications without the signature of the Advisor will be rejected. This requirement is applicable for both new and renewal applicants.
Do I contact EAK directly for my Application process, outcome and other issues?
No. All our communications and decisions are made through local Advisors. They are your point of contact.
My school does not provide required documents. What do I do?
Do I need a bank account to receive the scholarship?
How many scholarships are given each year?
The number varies depending on a set of criteria agreed upon by our selection committee and the availability of funds each year